THE NOOS VISION IS TO
- develop and implement on-line operational marine data and information services.
- give a reliable description of the actual marine condition of the European North West Shelf (NWS) area, including physical, sedimentological, and ecosystem variables.
- provide analysis, forecasts, and model-based products describing the marine conditions.
- establish a marine database from which time series and statistical analyses can be obtained, including trends and changes in the marine environment, and the economic, environmental, and social impacts.
- collaborate with national and multinational agencies in the NWS area to maximise the efficiency of the ocean observing system, and to optimize the value of the marine information products.